Director of Nursing
Posted: November 1, 2016 | Location: Bay Lake Community in Virginia Beach, VA
Bay Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care Community is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Nursing. We are looking for an individual who enjoys responsibility and possesses strong management and communication skills to oversee and manage our Nursing department. If you enjoy managing people, team building, and making a difference in the lives of your staff and residents, we would love to talk with you about this position.
Ideal candidates for this Director of Nursing (DON) position will be passionate about providing quality care for senior adults, training and developing staff, possess strong management and communication skills, and committed to outstanding customer service.
This position requires:
- A current Virginia license as a Registered Nurse; LPNs with experience in a leadership role may be considered
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in a supervisory role
- Availability and willingness to be available on-call nights/weekends for emergencies
- Computer/technology skills for both communication and documentation; experience with Point Click Care preferred
- The ability to provide outstanding and compassionate customer service to our residents and their families
- Leadership skills to teach, motivate, and inspire your staff
- The physical ability to exert up to 50 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; 75 lbs. occasionally
Preferred candidates will have some nurse management/supervisory experience in long term care or assisted living.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary along with a complete benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, paid time off, and 401k plan. Please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Bay Lake Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment Application INstructions
Complete both documents below.
To complete the application, fill out the document and save a copy to your computer. You can then email the saved document as an attachment to the location that you are applying to. You must save the completed document to your computer before emailing or the information will be lost. If you prefer to fax or mail your application, simply fill it in, print it our and fax/mail it to the location you are applying to.
Please email your completed application to Angela Bailey at Angela.Bailey@rui.net.
Questions? Let us know in the form below.